Wow! Thank you, Tamworth voters for supporting Article 11 at March 15, 2017 town meeting. Library Trustees’ warrant article at 2017 Town requested $72,000 for replacing the library’s roof.
- This project has been included in the Town of Tamworth’s Capital Improvement Program since 2011. Download most recent CIP report at http://luckdragon.falcorweb.net/serve/36/file/CIP_2016_report_v16_3.pdf.
- Plans are to replace with a standing seam metal roof that will last far longer than asphalt shingles. Warranty is for 35 years, but we’ve been told this type of roof lasts much longer.
- Trustees have based requested amount on estimates from two different roofing companies that specialize in complex installments on historic buildings.
- This project will go out to bid.
Why it is needed:
- Present roof (installed in 2001) is IKO asphalt shingles, a material that has proved over time to be an inferior product that did not live up to its 20-year guarantee.
Cook Memorial Library needs a new roof