SECTION VI: APPENDIX
A. Job Descriptions
4. Circulation Assistant/Cataloger (Revised 10/20/14)
Overview: The circulation assistant is responsible for the circulation desk, and manages the overdue materials notification and follow-up process. Reports to the Library Director.
• High school diploma or GED
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Registers new patrons and explains library policies.
• Assists the public with book selections, reference questions, etc.
• Manages overdue library materials (notification and collection).
• Checks materials in and out of the library.
• Shelves library materials.
• Assists with the removal of the bibliographic record of materials that have been discarded.
• Learns new computer skills with the assistance of the Library Director and staff.
• Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Library Director or the Director’s designee.
• Works with the Library Director to update and maintain the catalog database, ensuring that data is complete, accurate and properly coded.
• Manages the library’s discards on NHU-Pac.
• Manages Bearcamp Valley Library Association collection
• Manages inventory (once every 3-5 years)
• Contributes to the library’s web page,Twitter and Facebook accounts.
• Provides graphic design expertise with posters, signage and the newsletter.
PDF of this job description