MISSION STATEMENT (Revised 1-9-12, reviewed 3-9-2015)
Cook Memorial Library provides educational, cultural, recreational and information resources through the work of its dedicated and knowledgeable staff. The library offers opportunities for learning, leisure reading, local history and genealogy preservation, study and research. It is accessible to all as a welcoming and comfortable center of community activity.
- GOALS, as adopted through the 2010 Long Range Plan:
- CML will undertake outreach efforts to expand community awareness of the library and its many services.
- CML will be maintained in a way that preserves its historical significance while offering a modern, secure and accessible facility.
- CML will adopt and use current computer technologies for the benefit of its patrons and staff.
- CML will develop and maintain its collections for the benefit of its patrons and local interests, as well as aspiring to meet current public library standards set by the American Library Association.
- CML will recruit and retain the most qualified staff and volunteers by providing a supportive and engaging work environment.
- CML will offer programming and services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
- CML will operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner within an annual budget approved by the town and supplemented by additional philanthropic support.