Our 2017 Summer Reading Program will run from July 1 to August 12. Sign up starts on June 13.
Beginning on July 1, for each day you read for at least 20 minutes, color in a block on your tally card. Each time you fill in one section of seven blocks, stop in the library for a prize. This year, we’ll have popsicles for weekly prizes (save the sticks for a building challenge to be held at the end of the summer), and fun grand prizes for the readers who finish the program.
Prizes and supplies for our 2017 Summer Reading Program have been donated by Barnstormers Theatre, Friends of Cook Memorial Library, Hannaford’s, Shaw’s, The Other Store, and Story Land.
Summer Events for Children (with BIG thanks to all the volunteer leaders!):
Ordination Rock Family Day 5K – On your mark, get set, race and support the library!
- July 4th, race starts at Ordination Rock on Cleveland Hill Road at 8:30 am. Register now at the library or on race day at the K.A. Brett School between 7 and 8:00 am. For the whole family; kids under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. More info and registration form can be found at https://tamworthlibrary.org/2017/05/ordination-rock-5k-race-on-july-4th/
Story Times for young children, Tuesdays at 10:30 am
- July 11: Ellen Farnum, sing-along songs
- July 18: Cathy Arsenault-Shea, music, movement & story
- July 25: FIRE TRUCKS! Stories and real trucks
- August 1: Lucy Gatchell, science and songs
- August 8: Jennifer Kampsnider, see & do stories
- August 15: Heidi Fayle, the bears & the bees
Kids’ activities (generally for school-age kids), Tuesdays at 2:00 pm, except where noted
- Fridays, 10-5, all summer: Build with Legos in the big room, kids under 10 should be accompanied by parent or responsible adult
- July 11: Bicycle tune-up with Eric Dube, bring a bike!
- July 18: Build an LED helicopter with Claes Thelemarck, UNH Cooperative Extension/4-H
- July 25: Animal Architects with Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- August 1: All About Beavers with Dexter Harding, Tin Mountain Conservation Center
- Saturday, August 5 at 11 am: Yo-Yo People performance and workshop*
- Monday, August 7 at 5 pm: Summer Book Club with pizza, sign up ahead of time. Stop in to pick up a copy of the book The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill in time to read it before the meeting.
- August 8: Popsicle Stick Building Challenge and finale
Our 2017 program will end on August 12. Please bring your tally cards in by that date or soon after.
*Yo-Yo People is a Kids, Books and the Arts program funded by the Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation, CHILIS, Cogswell Benevolent Trust, and is supported in part by a grant from the NH State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts as well as funds administered by the NH State Library and provided by the Institute for Museum and Library Services.