Cook Memorial Library is seeking a library assistant for 10-12 hours per week. The candidate must have excellent customer service and computer skills. The hours needed include: Tuesday, 4:00-8:00 pm, and some Saturdays 10:00-4:00pm. The rate of pay is commensurate with qualifications. Experience in a public library setting preferred. Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled. Leave cover letter & resume at the desk, email director@… or address to: Director, Cook Memorial Library, 93 Main Street, Tamworth, NH, 03886
Below is a more complete job description:
Hours include: Tuesdays 4:00 – 8:00 pm, and most Saturdays 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
• High school diploma or GED
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Performs circulation tasks including: checking in/out, reserving and renewing materials, collecting fines, and maintaining patron records.
• Operates PC, photocopy, fax or other basic office machines, answers phone inquiries.
• Assists patrons in finding library materials, and with reference questions
• Shelves library materials and shelf-reads.
• Learns new computer skills with the assistance of the Library Director and staff.
• Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Library Director or the Director’s designee.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with a diverse population of library patrons.
• Ability to follow written and oral instruction/procedures.
• Good general office/clerical/computer skills.
• Capacity to work both independently and as a team member.
• Communicate effectively orally, in writing, and by listening.
• Ability to maintain patron confidentiality.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
Education, Experience and Training:
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
• Experience in a public library setting preferred; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Please submit cover letter & resume to email@example.com Applications accepted until position is filled.