Cook Memorial Library, Tamworth, NH
Town library seeks part time 12 hrs/wk staff person. Flexible hours, typically Tuesdays 4-8 & Saturdays 10-4. Should be friendly and helpful, and work well with adults and children. Experience with computers required. Send resume and cover letter by 5 PM, May 17 to: Cook Memorial Library, 93 Main Street, Tamworth NH 03886. Call Mary Cronin, library director, 603-323-8510, for more information.
Circulation Assistant (Revised 5/3/2019)
Overview: The circulation assistant is responsible for the circulation desk, and manages the overdue materials notification and follow-up process. Reports to the Library Director.
- High school diploma or GED
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with standard desktop applications and collection/inventory management programs.
- Ability to bend and reach, and lift 25 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interest in reading.
- Registers new patrons and explains library policies.
- Assists the public with book selections and other information inquiries.
- Assists the public with technology including printing, creating and saving documents, and using online resources.
- Manages overdue library materials (notification and collection).
- Checks materials in and out of the library.
- Shelves library materials.
- Learns new computer skills with the assistance of the Library Director and staff.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Library Director or the Director’s designee.