I finally took some of this social distancing time to read Marjory Gane Harkness’s The Tamworth Narrative, something I’ve been meaning to do since I started as library director in 2015. I found the full text of the book online at openlibrary.org. Many fine titles related to Tamworth’s history and people are available to read online or download. Here’s a short list. If you know of any other titles, let us know.
- The Tamworth Narrative by Marjory Gane Harkness
- A New England Girlhood, Outlined from Memory by Lucy Larcom
- The Fishbasket Papers: the diaries, 1768-1823 of Bradbury Jewell, esquire, of Tamworth, Durham and Sandwich, New Hampshire by Bradbury Jewell
- Centennial Souvenir, Tamworth, New Hampshire, 1792-1892
- Chocorua’s Tenants by Frank Bolles
- Memoir of the Rev. Samuel Hidden by Elliott Colby Cogswell