Thanks to a grant from the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s New Hampshire Library Technology Grant Program, Cook Memorial Library now offers a personalized, adaptive language-learning experience that provides the tools and guidance you need to expand your language skills.
With Mango Languages, you will find:
- Real-world conversations that won’t leave you lost in translation
- Voice Comparison for matching your pronunciation with native-speaker audio
- Listening & Reading Activities for reinforcing learned material and building new skills
- Personalized Review System that adapts to your individual learning pathway
- Culture Notes for unique insights into different cultures
- Mango Movies for learning through engaging, authentic content
To use Mango Languages with your library card:
From your mobile device: Download the free Mango app from the App Store or Play Store (look for the Mango logo pictured above). You can skip adding any payment info since your library login provides free access.
From your computer: Open your internet browser to this link: https://connect.mangolanguages.com/tamworthlibrary/start
Step 1: Log in if you already have an account, or sign up to create a profile.
Step 2: Find and select the ‘Subscribe for more‘ option in the dropdown menu at the top. On the next screen, tap ‘Search’ next to where it says ‘Access Near You: Find Mango.’
Step 3: After searching for and tapping on your library’s name, enter your library card number and then hit ‘Done’ or ‘Go’ on the keyboard.
Step 4: Select your language course. Choose from over 70 world languages, including English, and start learning!