- Annual Meeting, Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom, Meeting ID 864 5735 3121, passcode 618035.
The Friends of Cook Memorial Library provide enhancements of services at the library. The Friends raise funds through book, bake, and plant sales to augment programming, and buy books and furniture. We invite you to join us. Friends are always hoping for donations to support the library.
To become a member, use this membership form, or find one at the library, or write us at Friends of the Library, 93 Main Street, Tamworth, NH 03886. Annual dues for membership are $5.00. But you are welcome and encouraged to donate more. There are many good reasons to support your local library.
Jan Hamel, President
Donna Whipple, Vice-President
Kate Vachon, Secretary
Annie Burke, Treasurer
Volunteers are always needed and welcome, especially to help out at the 1st Saturday monthly book sales. Contact Jan Hamel at 323-7881.
Some of the Friends’ special projects:
- Baby Bags
- Book Sales
- Gift certificates for families that participate in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge
The Friends have items for sale at the library, including notecards with artwork by Marge Kendrick, tote bags, and local history books and booklets.
Books and booklets for sale are:
- Diary of a Tamworth Boy – $ 12.00
- If Walls Could Speak, Revisited in 2017 – $ 20.00
- Lucy Blake’s Tamworth by Marjory Gane Harkness – $ 5.00
- Rantings and Ramblings by Ellen Eldridge – $ 5.00
- Tamworth Conservation Commission Early Years by Betty Steele – $ 5.00
- Tamworth in WWII reprint – $ 5.00
- Tamworth Recollections by Jean Ulitz and Mabel Hidden – $ 10.00
- Willey by Barbara Feeny Abendschein – $ 15.00
- Yesterday’s Women Recalled Today by Jean Ulitz, Chris Clyne, Betsy Loughran, Millie Streeter (new in 2020!) – $ 5.00
To order any of these books or booklets for delivery by mail, use this order form: FOCMLbookletorderform.pdf. Payment can be made by check or credit card. See order form for details.