Adult Book Group (formerly the “Brown Bag Book Group”) meets monthly on the fourth (sometimes fifth) Wednesday of the month at 10:30 am. There is no meeting in December. Here is a list titles for 2019 (subject to change):
- January: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- February: Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- March: This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
- April: Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint Exupery
- May: Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- June: There There by Tommy Orange
- July: A Carnival of Losses by Donald Hall
- August: Book share! Recommend your favorite reads of the past year.
- September: In Extremis: The Life and Death of War Correspondent Marie Colvin by Lindsey Hilsum
- October: The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- November: Overstory by Richard Powers
Cookbook Book Club meets once a year or so for a potluck meal to talk about a cookbook and share dishes from it.
- February 2017: Good and Cheap: Eat Well for $4/day by Leanne Brown
- February 2018: Salt, Acid, Fat, Heat by Samin Nosrat
- February 2019: a selection of Tamworth community organization cookbooks
Kids’ Book Clubs with pizza are held several times a year. See our “For Kids” page for the next meeting.
Getting books for your book group: If you belong to a book group and have a Tamworth library card, you can ask to borrow multiple copies of a title for your group. We will request copies from other New Hampshire libraries through our interlibrary loan system. Note that new titles (less than six months from publication date) will not be available to borrow from other libraries. Also, New Hampshire Library Association has dozens of READS-to-Go kits, large tote bags that contain 15 copies of a discussable book, available for book groups to borrow. See a listing of available titles at http://reads-to-go.blogspot.com/. Let us know if you’re interested in borrowing any of these kits.