Adult Book Group (“Brown Bag Book Group”) meets monthly on the fourth (sometimes fifth) Wednesday of the month at 12 noon. There is no meeting in December. Here is a list of recent and upcoming titles (subject to change):
- January 2018: The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel
- February 2018: Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Leguin
- March 2018: Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- April 2018: Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- May 2018: Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
- June 2018: Huck Out West by Robert Coover
- July 2018: tba
- August 2018: tba
- September 2018: tba
- October 2018: Where You’ll Find Me by Ty Gagne, this year’s One Book One Valley community read
Nonfiction Book Group meets every other month on the first Tuesday at 4:00 pm Here is a list of recent and upcoming titles:
- February 2018: Eats Shoots and Leaves: A Zero-Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss
- April 2018: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
- June 2018: Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- October 2018: One Book One Valley, Where You’ll Find Me by Ty Gagne
- December 2018: Bunk by Kevin Young
Cookbook Book Club meets once a year or so for a potluck meal to talk about a cookbook and share dishes from it.
- February 2017: Good and Cheap: Eat Well for $4/day by Leanne Brown
- February 2018: Salt, Acid, Fat, Heat by Samin Nosrat (check back for date and time)
Kids’ Book Groups with pizza are held several times a year. See our “For Kids” page for the next meeting.
Getting books for your book group: If you belong to a book group and have a Tamworth library card, you can ask to borrow multiple copies of a title for your group. We will request copies from other New Hampshire libraries through our interlibrary loan system. Note that new titles (less than six months from publication date) will not be available to borrow from other libraries. Also, New Hampshire Library Association has dozens of READS-to-Go kits, large tote bags that contain 15 copies of a discussable book, available for book groups to borrow. See a listing of available titles at http://reads-to-go.blogspot.com/. Let us know if you’re interested in borrowing any of these kits.