Adult Book Group: We’ve been experimenting with different times/days to see which one is a good fit. See our calendar page for when the current month’s meeting will be.
Here is a list titles for 2019 (subject to change):
- January: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- February: Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- March: This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
- April: Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint Exupery
- May: There There by Tommy Orange
- June: A Carnival of Losses by Donald Hall
- July: Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- August: Book share! Recommend your favorite reads of the past year.
- September: no book group meeting due to library carpeting project
- October: One Book One Valley 2019: Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family by Amy Ellis Nutt
- November: The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- January 2020: Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood
Cookbook Book Club meets once a year or so for a potluck meal to talk about a cookbook and share dishes from it.
- February 2017: Good and Cheap: Eat Well for $4/day by Leanne Brown
- February 2018: Salt, Acid, Fat, Heat by Samin Nosrat
- February 2019: a selection of Tamworth community organization cookbooks
- February 2020: Mostly Plants: 101 Flexitarian Recipes from the Pollan Family
Kids’ Book Clubs with pizza are held several times a year. See our “For Kids” page for the next meeting.
Getting books for your book group: If you belong to a book group and have a Tamworth library card, you can ask to borrow multiple copies of a title for your group. We will request copies from other New Hampshire libraries through our interlibrary loan system. Note that new titles (less than six months from publication date) will not be available to borrow from other libraries. Also, New Hampshire Library Association has dozens of READS-to-Go kits, large tote bags that contain 15 copies of a discussable book, available for book groups to borrow. See a listing of available titles at http://reads-to-go.blogspot.com/. Let us know if you’re interested in borrowing any of these kits.