Cook Memorial Library will host a series of monthly book discussions of memoirs beginning in November 2021. Titles will be chosen and discussions will be led by a different person each month. The hour-long discussions will be held online via Zoom at 6:30 PM on the last Tuesday of November, then from January through May 2022.
Register ahead of time for the Zoom link: https://bit.ly/CMLmemoirsdiscussion
If you can’t Zoom from home, we’ll set up a computer for Zoom for you at the library.
Books for each discussion will be available to borrow from the library a month before the discussion date.
The titles and discussion leaders will be:
- November 30: Rough Beauty: Forty Seasons of Mountain Living by Karen Auvinen, discussion led by Patti Rau
- January 25: Heavy: An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon, discussion led by Kate Gaudet (a NH Humanities Perspectives book discussion)
- February 22: Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner, discussion led by Cook Library librarians
- March 29: First Darling of the Morning by Thrity Umrigar, discussion led by Louise Wrobleski
- April 26: Poet Warrior by Joy Harjo, discussion led by Andy Davis
- May 31: Bonobo Handshake by Vanessa Woods, discussion led by Karen McCall