- New! Tamworth Area Homeschool Support Providers Directory
- Chocorua Area Homeschoolers Facebook Group
- New Hampshire Homeschooling Coalition
- Granite State Home Educators
- Time4Learning – Homeschooling in New Hampshire
- Tamworth School Board Policy on Home Education Instruction
- New Hampshire RSA 193-A Home Education
- New Hampshire Department of Education – Home Education
- Virtual Learning Academy Charter School (VLACS)
Early childhood resources
Are you pondering how to best support your young kids’ learning? Are you curious about children’s play as a natural developmental process? Are you thinking about supplementing your child’s at-home, remote or in-person preschool or early education school experience? Cook Memorial Library has programs to help!
Outdoor Play Pod
- Weekly, one-hour outdoor educational playgroup
- Meets Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. behind the library
- Led by Cook Librarian Polly Mahoney
- Limited space, contact us to sign up for one of the 3-week sessions: 9/17-10/1, 10/8-10/22, 10/29-11/12
In the fall of 2020, Cook Library offers a free educational playgroup for young children, along with their caregivers. This 1-hour, weekly, all outdoor program will be limited in size and will follow covid-careful protocols. Each session will include an engaging introduction to a creative play scenario, leading into child-directed play. Participants will build family connections, and learn about how to provide rich play opportunities at home, as well as learn about play’s essential role in development.
- Weekly, one-hour storytime
- Tuesdays at 10:30am outside the library unless the weather is truly awful, when it will be on Zoom
- Led by Cook Librarians Amy Carter and Polly Mahoney
- Open to all families
- People over 2 years old need to wear a mask as you arrive and leave, and during play time
- Contact us to be put on the email list for storytime updates and Zoom link for bad weather Tuesdays
Each week kids and parents engage in stories, songs, finger plays and outdoor play with Cook librarians. These themed story times provide an opportunity for connection, whether on-line or in-person and an introduction to great books and fresh play ideas to expand on at home.
We hope you’ll join us for any of these programs!
Call Cook Memorial Library if you have questions (603-323-8510)