NOTE: These frequently asked questions will be kept updated as developments occur.
On April 27, 2020, Library Trustees adopted a Pandemic Policy.
Where can I find up-to-date information about services while the library building is closed?
Our website will have the most up-to-date information about current services. We also post news on our Facebook page and Instagram.
Why did the library close?
As announced on March 15, 2020, the Cook Memorial Library building will be closed to the public, starting March 16, 2020 until further notice, in an effort to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Pickup services were offered until March 27, 2020, when they were suspended due to Governor Sununu’s Stay at Home order. Curbside pickup services were resumed on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
What services is the Library providing right now?
Curbside pickup of library materials
- For details on when curbside pickup is available and how to request items for curbside pickup, see https://tamworthlibrary.org/2020/05/curbside-pickup-resumes-may-19th/
- You may return borrowed items during designated pickup times or anytime in the book drop. The book drop was opened for returns on Tuesday, May 26.
Home delivery of library materials
- If you cannot make it to the library during open times for any reason, you may request contact-free delivery of library materials to a Tamworth address. We are able to offer this service thanks to two wonderful volunteers.
- To get started, ask us to mail you a home delivery application, or you may download and print one: Cook Library Home Delivery Application 2020.
Online library, available with your library card
- NH Downloadable Books (ebooks, audiobooks, magazines)
- TumbleBooks (streaming books, mostly, but not all, for kids)
- Britannica Library online encyclopedia
- HeritageQuest for genealogy research
- Ancestry Library temporary at-home access
We’re offering curbside service for copying, faxing, scanning, and printing during library’s staffed hours. We charge fees for this service. For details, see https://tamworthlibrary.org/2020/06/document-services-for-curbside-pickup/.
Wifi (wireless internet)
- Find wifi outside the library.
- Login and password is posted on the door and the front window.
- We recently added two wifi extenders to make connecting easier.
- We will add more seating and shelter to our front outdoor space as the weather gets more springlike.
- Please maintain 6 feet social distance when using the library’s wifi.
How can I contact a librarian?
- Ask a Librarian reference service, 603-323-8510, email@example.com
- Tech assistance, 603-323-8510, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for a library card, or get library card information, 603-323-8510 or email@example.com
When will the library building open? How will it re-open?
The Library Director, Trustees and library staff have developed a plan for reopening the building in stages. We are committed to heeding guidance from state and local officials about what is feasible regionally and locally. Our first priority is always the safety of our staff and patrons; check the library website, https://tamworthlibrary.org for service updates.
What should I do with library items I borrowed?
Our library drop box was reopened for returns on May 26, 2020. You may return library items anytime in the book drop. Due dates for items checked out on or before March 27 were extended through May 30, 2020. Remember, our library does not charge overdue fines. We will contact you about overdue items.
Can I still donate books?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot accept donations of books or other media until further notice. Please do not drop donations off. We’d appreciate your holding onto them until we can accept them. Then we all can look forward to seeing them as new titles for the library or at a future Friends’ monthly book sale.