COVID-19 has affected which passes are available and how they can be used.
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center: Friends of Cook Memorial Library decided not to purchase a pass this year. This summer the Science Center is offering discounted rates for trail visits ($15 adult, $10 child), and is requiring advance reservations.
- Remick Museum & Farm: In the summer of 2020, the museum is offering trail admission by donation; the library will not offer passes this year.
- Libby Museum: The Libby Museum donated 10 passes to their museum in Wolfeboro to our library. Let us know if you want one.
- NH State Parks: The Friends of Cook Memorial Library have purchased a day use pass for NH State Parks for 2020. There are some COVID-19 restrictions. You must reserve and pay for your spot ahead of time online at https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks, and also contact our library to reserve the library pass ahead of time. You pick up the pass at the library and present it to the Park attendant to be reimbursed the fee. We can only provide one pass per day. Call to reserve a pass at least two days ahead of time. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to use the NH State Parks online reservation system:nhparksPatronReservations2020-05-09
In non-pandemic years, the Friends of Cook Memorial Library provide passes for library members to borrow from the following places:
- Pass is for free daily admission for a family (related adults and children).
- Pass is valid for two $5 trail admissions, plus up to four additional discounted admissions at $10 each. Cannot be used by schools or other organized groups.
- Pass allows free admission for two adults and up to four dependents. Not valid at Hampton Beach-South, Wallis Sands, Cannon Mountain Aerial tramway, Flume Gorge, metered parking or camping.
We have an admission pass to the New Hampshire Historical Society in Concord.
- Pass provides free admission for up to four adults to the Society’s exhibitions and research library. Children age 18 and younger are always admitted for free.
We also have a pass to The Libby Museum of Natural History in Wolfeboro, donated by the museum.
- Pass allows free admission for one family.
To borrow any of the passes, simply call or stop in to let us know what day you would like to go. You may pick up passes up to three days ahead of time for a specific day. We can lend only one pass per day for each location.