- Annual Meeting, September 28, 2019 at the Tamworth Town House
- Business Meeting at 11:30 AM
- Lunch at 12 PM
- Program at 12:30 PM: Terry Farish, author of The Good Braider, will talk about her project with NH Humanities with refugees in New Hampshire.
The Friends of Cook Memorial Library provide enhancements of services at the library. The Friends raise funds through book, bake, and plant sales to augment programming, and buy books and furniture. We invite you to join us. Friends are always hoping for donations to support the library.
To become a member, use this membership form, or find one at the library, or write us at Friends of the Library, 93 Main Street, Tamworth, NH 03886. Annual dues for membership are $5.00. But you are welcome and encouraged to donate more. There are many good reasons to support your local library.
Jan Hamel, President
Donna Whipple, Vice-President
Kate Vachon, Secretary
Annie Burke, Treasurer
Volunteers are always needed and welcome, especially to help out at the 1st Saturday monthly book sales. Contact Jan Hamel at 323-7881.
Some of our special projects:
- Baby Bags
- Book Sales
- Gift certificates for families that participate in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge
The Friends have lots of things for sale at the library. Books for sale are:
- Diary of a Tamworth Boy at $12 a copy,
- If Walls Could Speak Revisited in 2017 is now available at $20 a copy. This is a revised and updated edition of the 2005 and 1976 books that are now out of print.
- The Lower Mount Washington Valley at $12 a copy,
- Tamworth Recollections reprinted at $15 a copy,
- Rants and Ramblings by Ellen Eldridge at $5 a copy,
- Tamworth Conservation Commission: The Early Years by Betty Steele at $5 a copy.
Other items for sale: Note cards by Marge Kendrick, tote bags and more.