SAVE THE DATE: Friends of Cook Memorial Library Annual Meeting will be on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
The Friends of Cook Memorial Library provide enhancements of services at the library. The Friends raise funds through book, bake, and plant sales to augment programming, and buy books and furniture. We invite you to join us. Friends are always hoping for donations to support the library.
To become a member, please send us an email message, come in to the library and ask the staff, or write us at Friends of the Library, 93 Main Street, Tamworth, NH 03886. Annual dues for membership are $5.00. But you are welcome and encouraged to donate more. There are many good reasons to support your local library.
Jan Hamel, President
Donna Whipple, Vice-President
Kate Vachon, Secretary
Annie Burke, Treasurer
Donate to Friends of Cook Memorial Library by clicking the yellow PayPal “Donate ” button above. It’s safe, quick and convenient.
Volunteers are always needed and welcome, especially to help out at the 1st Saturday monthly book sales. Contact Jan Hamel at 323-7881.
Some of our special projects:
- Baby Bags
- Book Sales
- Gift certificates for families that participate in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge
The Friends have lots of things for sale at the library. Books for sale are:
- Diary of a Tamworth Boy at $12 a copy,
- If Walls Could Speak Revisited in 2005 at $18 a copy. This is a revised and updated edition of the 1976 book that is now out of print. A 2017 updated edition is in the works, printing will be funded by the Friends.
- The Lower Mount Washington Valley at $12 a copy,
- Tamworth Recollections reprinted at $15 a copy,
- Rants and Ramblings by Ellen Eldridge at $5 a copy,
- Tamworth Conservation Commission: The Early Years by Betty Steele at $5 a copy.
Other items for sale: Note cards by Marge Kendrick, tote bags and more.